Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 1 of Injections

Well, I did it. I got my first official shot. I will be honest, I wish I could say that I was tough and said something like "Just shoot me!" and let him do it right away... But for some reason I was a total wimp! I psyched myself out. I kept pushing his arm away and laughing at myself because I knew it didn't hurt that bad, but I think staring at the needle didn't help. So I looked away and it took him literally less than one second and I was done. And then I was reminded that they really don't hurt. I could barely tell he did it. But I will say the Lupron I took has a little sting to it after the fact.

So only 40 or so more shots... There are a lot of pills to take too and everything has a time, so I'll be attached to my phone and handy alarms I set out for the next 3 weeks :)

Here's to Charlie...

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you Brockbank family- you guys are amazing! Youre in my prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading about your journey and am impressed with your willingness to share such a personal struggle. I hope you find strength knowing how much you're loved and supported!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, thanks for sharing. I'll be following your journey. I know this is a very private and personal matter and the fact that you are sharing it with us is so brave of you. good luck to you and Brad!

    ReplyDelete