Friday, September 7, 2012

Mind games

So I'm going to be totally honest. Maybe it's me, maybe most of those that have IVF do this, I don't know, but I will confess that I play scenarios out in my head and have doubts...

Example #1: what if the doctor didn't even put any embryos in me, he just pretended. OR the embryos got stuck in the tube thing, how does he KNOW that they went in me?

Example #2: what if they are lying about my blood test results and I'm not really pregnant?

Example #3: what if these symptoms are all in my head?

Logically I know these are silly doubts and thoughts, of course I'm pregnant and it's real, but sometimes it's hard to really believe something you've wanted for SO long that has finally happened is actually for real. You're kind of waiting for the "Just Kidding!"

I just had to put it out there. Thankfully I know the pee tests and fat belly and lack of a period are all solid proof :).

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness we went through the SAME thing. The only thing that really kept me believing was that I hadn't gotten a period. Those fears lasted a long time too. I am still shocked every time I get an ultrasound. I see the babies on the screen and I'm just surprised it's still real! I think it's a healthy concern just make sure it doesn't consume you. My perinatologist is really big on NO STRESS. And I know I've mentioned this before, but just don't let it get to you too much. No Stress!! :) YAY I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY felt that way! I was so doubtful...even after all the ultrasounds. We didn't tell anyone we were pregnant until I was like 22 weeks along...and I still had doubts then. I feel your pain! Hang in there. I'm stoked for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY felt that way! I was so doubtful...even after all the ultrasounds. We didn't tell anyone we were pregnant until I was like 22 weeks along...and I still had doubts then. I feel your pain! Hang in there. I'm stoked for you guys.

    ReplyDelete