Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pin Cushion

Well, I officially feel like a human pin cushion. Maybe I already said that, but I do. I'm doing pretty well though. Today's blood taking didn't hurt as bad as it did the last few times, so that was good. And this morning's Menopur dosage hurt the least of the other times, still hurt like a banshee, but not as bad as before. I had my AM appointment. We were a little late because of traffic, I hate being late. But the office was super nice about it. My follicles are growing, still not a ton of them, but they're growing nicely. I can definitely feel that my ovaries/uterus and all that stuff down there is swollen, I'm wearing pj pants today because I've graduated from my skinny waist jeans and they just can't be worn comfortably anymore. I figure that's probably going to be the case till baby/babies are born. The great news though is that my doctor's office had some extra medication that people donated when they didn't need all of theirs, and so I got almost $700 worth of medication for FREE!!!! I'm so happy about that. It definitely helps when I'm having to take shots about 3 days longer than I had expected, so I spent another $400 on medications today on the one they didn't have extra of, but at least I saved about $700 :). Next appointment is on Saturday to check my progress. I asked my Doc what day he thought the retrieval may happen and he said next Tuesday maybe? I'm hoping on Saturday that I'll have made lots of progress and they tell me we can do it on Monday, that'd be really nice :). we'll see... Brad said, "What's four more days, that's not a big deal." Since I was hoping we'd be able to do it this weekend. I said that it is a big deal for me, 4 days is 12 extra shots! 14 if you count the getting blood taken, and I'm just anxious for it all to be done. He said, "Oh, that's true, that was insensitive of me. I'm sorry." I'm glad he listens and understands, he's been really good through all of this. I'm so grateful for him.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you have a sweet husband to help you through all of this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete